03-07 July 2017, Southern Federal University, Rostov-on-Don, Russia
The summer school is part of the Jean Monnet Network ‘NEMESIS, led by the Russian Southern Federal University with the Universities of Bremen, Amsterdam, Collegium Civitas in Warsaw and the University of Applied Sciences in Vienna.
The summer school is geared for students and young professionals, who are interested in gaining knowledge, brand-new methodological approaches to the hot-topics of the European Integration history and trends. The Summer School will be open for those outside of the Network, who will articulate their willing to participate.
The Summer School will use multifaceted pedagogical approach, which presumes not only diverse and consistent content of lecture-seminar combination, but also a project work. Every day of the Summer School will be focused on a specific theme, which will be performed by scholars with different background and research interest. Sessions will include but not limited to:
- “The Myth of the Invisible Hand" ; Memory, Uncertainty and Economic History in Europe
- EU Policies, Opportunities and Risks in the European Integration
- Security and Securitization
- Historical politics in the European Neibourghood countries
- Memory, commemoration and myth construction: Constructing memory, integrating community
- Eastern Neibourghood and European Integration: Wars of Memories
- Security, Memory, Eurasia and Russia
Students successfully completing a written assessment (essay) will receive certification of 3 ECTS. There is no fee, though students are expected to cover their own travel costs. Accommodation will be provided in the students residence free of charge. For more information contact Ass. prof. Oxana Karnaukhova email@example.com.
Deadline for applications 30th April 2017
- application form
- short (600 word) letter of motivation
- one-two page CV
applications should be sent via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND UPDATES ON THE PROGRAMME on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/508129249355142/